Company name check
Check your company name and set up your company in a few hours.
We check the name availability through The Cyber Search Centre of the Integrated Companies Registry Information System (ICRIS) provided by Hong Kong Company Registry (CR).
A limited company is the most commonly used company type. The owner of the company will enjoy all tax benefits and concessions available in Hong Kong, including a free trade arrangement with Mainland China.
Rules for Choosing a Company Name
- Free to use – The name you intend to register cannot be already in use. You can easily check the name availability of the name our Company Name Check tool.
- Language – The company name can be either in English or in Chinese or in both languages. However, a combination of Chinese and English characters is not possible.
- Limited – The company name in English shall end with “Limited” (Limited in English or its equivalent in Chinese). Ltd is prohibited.
- Government Names – Names which can give the impression that the Hong Kong company is connected to the government or any government department is not allowed.
- Using any names that could be offensive or otherwise contrary to the public interest or its use would constitute a criminal offence, is restricted.
Company Name Change
If you wish to change the company name after incorporation, you will have to pass a Special Resolution to the Registrar. The new required free name must be delivered within 15 days after passing of the Special Resolution together with A Notice of Change of Company Name.
For every newly formed company, you will be required to appoint at least one director who is a natural person and one company secretary.
The director is not required to be a Hong Kong resident.
The registered office of the company must be in Hong Hong.
Startupr will not reserve the name or file the entity with the Company Registry of Hong Kong until you have placed an order, so get started today to ensure your desired business name is not registered by someone else.
If you want to open a business in Hong Kong, please contact us at [email protected] for more information.