It is a professional agency responsible for the compliance and statutory requirement of the company.
“Company Secretary” in this regards refers to a corporate secretary, and not a clerical or personal secretarial assistant for the company. It is a professional agency responsible for the compliance and statutory requirement of the company. They will be able to represent the company for government filings and requirements in the compliance for good standing of the company.
According to the Laws of Hong Kong, each company must hire a company secretary who must reside in Hong Kong. However this company secretary cannot be a director or shareholder of a company, and must be a third party. Of all the duties, the company secretary has to make certain that the company is in compliance with the statutory requirements of the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance and must maintain the statutory documents of the company.
The statutory requires of the company secretary include the incorporation of the company, filings of company documents, issuing of shares, papers to the government.
Legal duties of a Company Secretary are generally as follows:
- Incorporation of Hong Kong companies.
- Provision of a Hong Kong resident company secretary as required by HK company law.
- Provision of a registered office address for receipt of government mail.
- Preparation and filing of the Annual Return.
- Attending to the issuance and transfer of shares.
- Attending to the appointment and resignation of directors.
- Attending to the deregistration of companies.
- Attending to other statutory corporate compliance issues.
Disclaimer: Please note that we only provide about services to our existing client.
In this case, Startupr would act as your company secretary, and assist to file all the business documents and matters to the government. We provide a one-stop shop of full services for our companies, including company formation, bank account opening services, business address and mail forwarding, accounting and taxation services. If you have any questions or require something for your company, feel free to contact Startupr for further information.