Hong Kong Immigration & Relocation
Startupr, Hong Kong immigration specialists allow businesses and entrepreneurs to start a new life in new regions to focus on their commercial strengths.
Hong Kong has been known as an international financial center for several years, due to its extremely flexible employment policy for highly skilled professionals. This place is also famous for incorporated various things in order to encourage immigration by entrepreneurs, investors, and talented people. Despite all the benefits, it could be challenging and time-consuming to manage immigration to a new region.
So, if you want to reap the benefits to doing business in Hong Kong by applying the working visa, then firstly, you need to make sure that you are meeting the requirements of standard immigration policies as well as the relevant specific visa eligibility criteria.
Startupr, Hong Kong immigration specialists allow businesses and entrepreneurs to start a new life in new regions to focus on their commercial strengths and also in assisting with getting their employees in the right place.
We gave personal attention to each application that sets us apart from other service providers in Asia. We don’t like to skim and scan the documents, in fact, we take the proper time to review each case beforehand to guide you appropriately through the application process.
We also offer services to expatriate clients and their families for their visas and permits.
We have several years of experience dealing with the local immigration authorities and offers the best solutions to make the process seamless. We will provide the following services:
- General Employment Working Visa
- Application for an accompanying dependant – entry under GEP
- Application for extension of stay
- Application for Permanent Residence
Let’s get information about these services one by one.
General Employment Working Visa
General employment working visa is for those applicants who possess special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and willing to either stay or enter in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
It is also for those entrepreneurs who want to set up their business through working visa in Hong Kong. And Startupr will help those business owners to do business in Hong Kong for apply the working visa.
In order to get permits and visas under General Employment Policy, you need to pass an eligibility criteria which is as follows.
Eligibility criteria for Professional and Entrepreneurs
- Applicant should have a background of good education with a first class degree in the relevant study. But in special cases, good technical qualifications, relevant experience, and achievements supported by documentary evidence.
- The applicant should have a crime-free record
- The remuneration package, including accommodation, medical, income, and other fringe benefits must be broadly equivalent to the current market level for professionals in the HKSAR.
- The applicant also required to have a valid employment offer for a position, relevant to his qualifications, and experiences. More importantly, the employment offer should be genuine, and the local workforce does not fill it.
If you want some help for applying for a working visa in order to start a business under the GEP scheme, then Startupr can assist you in handling all the compulsory procedures of the permits. Our experienced team members will help you to monitor all the steps from your order to final delivery of these services for you. Hire Startupr in order to get expert advice!
Application for an Accompanying Dependant – entry under GEP
The next type of visa and permits for embarking into the freest economy of the world, Hong Kong is an accompanying dependant application under the GEP scheme. The dependant and general employment visa can be processed simultaneously. Applicants don’t have to wait for the application until and unless the person has decided to apply after the GEP visa is granted. Primary applicant’s dependents can accompany the applicant before they passed the following criteria.
Criteria for Dependents
- Dependent applicants are required to have a proof for having a genuine relationship between the primary applicant and the dependent prior to applying under GEP. It can be any document such as a Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate, etc.
- The aim of immigrating shouldn’t reveal any harmful effects.
- The applicant of the primary can support the dependent at a standard that is moderately above the subsistence level, and also arranges for accommodation for him/her.
Startupr can provide you with specialized assistance for preparing the relevant documents for your visa.
Application for Extension of Stay
Being a work permit holder, if you want to stay longer in the global hub, Hong Kong, then you need to apply for the renewal of your visa by filing a renewal application at least four weeks prior to the limit of stay expires. However, applicants are also required to meet the eligibility criteria of the work permit before filing a renewal application.
Application for Permanent Residence
The next section is for people who wish to apply for permanent residence visas and stay in Hong Kong indefinitely.
So, if under a scheme of the employment for professional, you have been granted a work visa, and you have been residing in HK for a continuous period of at least seven years, then you can apply for Permanent Residence, a.k.a “Right of Abode” in Hong Kong. Startupr will give you all the support wherever you will require. For visa application purposes, we provide services to Hong Kong incorporated companies with at least one year of audited financial statements.
How Much Time does it Take for Processing?
In order to get the visa and permits, you will need to wait for 4 to 6 weeks in the process of accepting or granting the permit applications for employment upon receipt of all the essential documents. However, this period will not be counted when immigration asking for more documents from the applicants.
Until and unless the immigration department gets all the required documents and the important information which they are looking for, they can’t start the process of the applicant’s form.
- Base Fee: USD 1880 (Which includes 12 hours of admin support and handling mails from the immigration department. )
- For Visa Application, fees will be USD 30 (HKD 230 Government Fees)
Note: If the time of your work exceeds 10 hours, an additional hourly fee will be charged from you.
Moreover, you also need to make sure that you are not a resident of below mentioned countries. Because these countries have a restriction for the application:
Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, Nepal, Vietnam, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Mali, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Yemen, Bahamas, Botswana, Cambodia, Ghana, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tunisia
- For visa application purposes, we provide services to Hong Kong incorporated companies with at least one year of audited financial statements.
- The Immigration Department will not be able to start processing the application unless all the required documents and information have been received. All applications are processed and determined by the Immigration Department. Approval of applications is entirely discretionary and is subject to changes in government policies, even if the application meets all eligibility criteria, the Director of Immigration reserves absolute discretion to refuse any application.
- It is an offense to make false statements or representations to an immigration officer. In order to verify the authenticity of the information and documents submitted with a visa application, field visits may be conducted.
- And if you try to make false statements or representations to an immigration officer in order to get visas or permits to stay or work in Hong Kong, then you need to suffer its negative consequences. They will be proved to be guilty under Hong Kong’s laws and any such entry/visa permit issued or permission to enter in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region granted shall not affect.
- The submitted documents need to be in both the languages: English and Chinese. Where a document is not in Chinese or English, it must be accompanied by a Chinese or English translation certified as a true translation by a sworn translator, court translator, authorized public translator, certified translator, expert translator or official translator.
- The Immigration Department will not be able to start processing the application unless all the required documents and information have been received. All applications are processed and determined by the Immigration Department. Approval of applications is entirely discretionary and is subject to changes in government policies. The Director of Immigration reserves absolute discretion to refuse any application no matter, the application meets all eligibility criteria.
Be aware that the Immigration Department of Hong Kong government (“Immigration”) reserve the right to decide the success of application. Startupr itself is neither responsible nor liable for any Immigration’s decision.
Although customers may succeed in getting the working visa within 4 working weeks, most of our clients will take at least 4-6 working weeks. In some cases, if Immigration requires further information, or a local holiday occurs, there can be several days’ delay.
If you hire Startupr services to assist you with the application, please be aware that we spend time on consulting and preparation for your particular case. Startupr might charge an additional fee for further follow up in case Immigration requires further information.
As we are not responsible nor liable for any of the Immigration’s decisions, all fees paid shall not be refundable under any circumstances once the payment is made to Startupr. Please note again that all applications and decisions are made solely by the Immigration, and Startupr does not take responsibility for the Immigration’s decisions.
In the event of any dispute, the decision of Startupr shall be final and conclusive.